Created and authorized to provide one or more utilities or services, Municipal Utility Districts (MUDs) are subject to state and federal regulatory requirements and have the ability to tax their citizens, enact enforceable "laws" and assess fines.
Municipal utility district management requires expertise in a broad range of diverse disciplines. Colorado Association Services excels in them all – including financial management, maintenance, architectural compliance, statutory regulations, governing document interpretation and compliance, plant operations, and metering and billing. Our team of dedicated professionals works hand-in-hand with district facilities, consultants and other officials to enhance the value of your district through efficient reliable service delivery.
Our services for municipal utility districts include:
- Comprehensive operational and financial assistance
- Budgeting for operational, maintenance, technical and capital improvement needs
- Metering and billing, including collection
- Master insurance programs
- Bulk utility purchasing
- Preventive and seasonal maintenance
- Prompt computer-tracked work orders and customer communication
- Custom mailings and e-blasts
- Detailed records maintenance and electronic storage
- Vendor screening and selection
- Emergency repair services
- 24-hour customer communication line – 365 days a year